Tuesday, May 26, 2009

On the Loose

I always thought that my husband was the one of us with the passionate, roaming mind, full of imaginings swathed in his strong ideals. However now that school and ministry is waning and summer has given way, I’ve found myself awash in all kinds of lists of to do’s, wild dreams, and ambitious undertakings. It’s been two years since I’ve had this kind of freedom to imagine and honestly I’m driving myself crazy. How can I get anything accomplished with my mind on the loose like this? I feel like I can’t possibly rein it all in now that I’ve tasted the freedom of thinking and dreaming again. School makes me so much more logical than I could ever be without it, and that has been so healthy for me relationally, in my occupation, and in setting and achieving goals. But now that I’m on reprieve my mind has ricocheted in the other direction. No logic, no rules, boundaries or making sense of it: Hence the creation of this blog. Maybe with its help I can start to contain areas of my brain that are threatening to escape. 

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog name and I'm looking forward to subsequent posts from you. You have such a beautiful "voice" -- singing and writing! Love you!

    ReplyDelete